Thursday, February 25, 2010

A BIT 'O GREEN .....

Baxter is just finishing the end of a dandelion green. The edge of his deck there is about 5 feet off the ground and I sometimes gather a few greens and go stand down there. I poke them under/through that mesh between the posts and whisper: "Baxter. Baaaxterrr. Come on Bax - here are some treats." Pretty soon his nose twitches, he looks my way, and then shambles over and enjoys his treats. His pal Zoey looks and watches, but she never comes over to investigate. Bax clearly hears what he wants to hear!!!

5 comments:

Glenna said...

Like most couples...the guy hears what he wants to hear. Baxter! Baxter! Your turn to take out the garbage. (Baxter doesn't hear...)

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I keep meaning to take Cadbury out to nibble the dandelions. Baxter clearly has a better arrangement.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Anya used to love dandelion greens, she'd rush over to us as soon as she heard the rustle of a paper bag, she knew there would be dandelions inside, then she's run over and jump onto my knees to eat the greens

Charlotte said...

I love the thought of Baxter 'shambling' over... yes, I can imagine that :-)
x

Hef's Mom said...

Picky Mr. Hef is not interested in dandelions oddly enough, the whole yard was covered one year and he never took a nibble, I picked some and gave them to him, not even a test nibble!