Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"I'M KIND OF FAMOUS! ....

I was born about January 1st, 2002 at a place called Shoofly Farm. That is a little farm near Seattle that is for kid's camps in the summer and owned and operated by some of RG's children. There are lots of bunnies there and many get adopted by the summer campers. I was a special gift to BL and RG - their very first bunny! Here I was as a little twerp on BL's foot!

BL was often in charge of finding good camp bunnies and many of them - like Racer and Lucky and Winston and Benji - were too "cute" to go to camp so they stayed here at The House of Rabbits! She got Savannah, too, to go to camp and have babies so the campers could see how that worked but then Savannah came back to the House of Rabbits for the winter and told BL "never again" and so she is here all the time too!

And then along came others from rescues and such and now still Goldie and Zoey and Chico are also here with us all! But I'm still The Princess!



Anyway, Shoofly Farm got a shout-out in a recent on-line Time Magazine article and you can read a bit about it right HERE



10 comments:

Jade said...

Princess, you were adorable then and you are adorable now! The Bunns are so lucky that you trained RG and BL so well (well, you did your best with RG... ;) )

RG, the link to the Shoofly Farm article didn't work. Did you copy it right?

RG said...

No I didn't - but it should be fixed now .. tornadoes back there? Yikes!

bunnits said...

Ditto on Jade's "adorable" comment. I was just going to say the same thing when I started reading the comments. Two great minds, I guess...

Hef's Mom said...

I knew it was the princess right away, she hasn't aged a bit!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh Princess, such an adorable bunny! Good article, our local community farm offers summer schemes for youngsters to learn about farming, but not residential courses. They do seem like fun (hard work too!)

The Fab Furs said...

I didn't know that The Princess some of the other bunns had a "Green Acres" background. Shoofly Farm sounds like an interesting operation, but the bunns probably prefer their present location with their devoted bunny slaves.

Anonymous said...

You ARE the Princess! And I hope nobunny every forgets it!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

You are one beautiful and precious Princess! Smoochies to you RG and BL from auntie shell. I do love rescue bunnies!

Jade said...

Yay for fixed link! Excellent article--and yes, we got tornadoes, three of them. Fortunately, they missed us--Mr. Mick napped on his throne during the one thunderstorm we did have.

Lisa said...

Jill Haase?! Big Shout Out!! Congrats!!!! Wish I could go to summer camp. bet they don't make you wear a monkey suit.

And great story too, Princess!