Monday, February 6, 2012

"DOWN PERISCOPE ...

.... Hurry up Benji - I've flooded the tanks and pushed the DIVE button." - Admiral Goldie"Someone noted the typo - Clam instead of Calm - (Keep Clam!) from two posts ago.

It was not a typo. In Seattle, once was a wonderful landmark fellow named Ivar Haglund and he started the popular take-out fish and chips places, along with many other great iconic Seattle items and happenings. He was fond of saying Keep Clam! Any of you been to an Ivar's? How about that first one right down on the waterfront by the Fire Boats! We are almost to the 50th anniversary of the Seattle World's fair - built the Space Needle and Monorail and many other things and there was even an Elvis Presley movie! Put sleepy Seattle on the map!" - RG the nostalgic.

10 comments:

Jade said...

Methinks Admiral Goldie might be in need of a brushing--there's a whole lotta fuzz on that poopdeck.

Clovie Boy said...

Yep, been to Ivar's and the World's Fair in '62. I have a vague memory of riding a double ferris wheel which terrified me. Do you recall that ride RG or did I fabricate it??

bunnits said...

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

Christina said...

I love fried calms. (deliberate, not a typo)

SixBunnies said...

I thought it was a great saying! I'm going to use that!

I love the bunns adventures. Maybe they'll see the house/litterbox boat once they get underway?

SixBunnies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Benji! You look so troubled it's making ME nervous!

Never been to Seattle. It's on my list.

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

I just want to know which bunny pointed out the "typo." I know it wasn't the kitty, and he asked (laughably) not a, a hoomin? Well, it did take a couple of days. Anyway, if everything is flooding I think you chums should calm up.

Karen M said...

Mickey and Weasley might need to be consulting these two on how to build and run a submarine. Probably would cross the ocean better than a John Deere. But how does the cardboard hold up?

Lisa Alto said...

Ahem, I stand corrected!!!!
Now I need to visit Seattle and see this place for myself!

Seaweed ya later!