Friday, February 22, 2013

"RG IS WEIRD ....

... He is going out in the morning to run in a foot race in the cold, windy, wet weather.  Then he'll get a cup of soup.  Instead he could be on fly-patrol and sit by a warm fire - like moi.  TURN ON THE FIRE, SOMEONE! - Kitty Boy - The Smart.
"Oh KB.  But it is for bragging rights.  My buddies will be there.  It's only 3.1 miles - the annual Smelt Run in LaConner, WA.  Besides, the local running magazine has a column called Best Times.  They show the top five in each age group.  This is the first run of the year that counts so if I finish in the top five of my age group (I will, there won't be that many old guys) maybe I'll get my name in the magazine next month - before all the rest of the big races with fast guys start showing up!" - RG the Tough.

9 comments:

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

RG, listen to the cat. You can't possibly be well enough for an activity like this, and you have a reactor leaking radioactive waste. For Heaven's sake call the Ladies With Vans!

Little Miss Titch said...

Hey RG want a running partner?xxSpeedy

SixBunnies said...

RG, I guess you are the only one who can say if you are up for that or not, but I am kinda leanin' with KB that you should rest!

Glenna said...

KB is slothful! RG is fleet of foot!

Unknown said...

RG is cruisin' for a bruisin'...and getting sick again!
Then BL is going to have to take care of everybun, AND RG, AND Froggy, AND KB, AND herself, ALL BY HERSELF.

It's not that we are trying to be all discouraging and naysaying and henpecking atcha, RG. It is just the mother hens in us that make us worry about you.

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

Cluck, clock, cluck...

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

I mean "cluck, cluck, cluck." Pardonez-cluck-moi. I am delirious with fever. Oh, and that's why I said your reactor was leaking, it seems that it really is JUST a couple of storage tanks. Well, that's the story today, and by the way the sky is falling.

Friend of the Animals said...

Hope you ran fast and make it in the magazine!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I'm with you KB. I don't do cold weather well.