Thursday, May 23, 2013

"WE ARE FINE ...

... Yes, the bridge on Interstate 5 that collapsed tonight is right here about 4 miles from the House of Rabbits.  It crosses the Skagit River right between the cities of Burlington and Mt. Vernon.  Everbody here uses that bridge a lot, as does heavy industrial traffic between Seattle and Vancouver, B.C.  Rerouting all that over the other three, narrow road bridges in the area will be a zoo for a long time.  There is no boat traffic, and fishing season is not on now either.  We have many alternate routes and ready access to supplies and services and thankfully it looks like there were no fatalities and very little traffic on the bridge - which was a big surprise since it is almost always quite busy." - RG, Yur Reporter near the Scene.
"I guess my little disaster needing some engineering assistance will have to wait?" - Racer the Stranded Upstairs

13 comments:

Little Miss Titch said...

Thanks for the update RG,fine job there on your report,just glad that it wasn't really bad.Snuggles All roundfor all of you it's good to be home sound and safe,xx Rachel and Speedy

Crafty Green Poet said...

Glad you're all okay. Sounds like there may be traffic chaos for a while though!

MatsB said...

Thanks for letting us know that you are all OK!

Jade said...

So glad to hear you are all well, and will be able to handle the inconvenience. Glad to hear no fatalities as well.

Poor Racer--I will send Mr. Mick over to lend you a paw if needed. :)

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

Wa ba'deen? Please try to stay safe, People. I have just about had enough of this.

Scout and Sage said...

As RG probably remembers, I'm up and down past you *all the time* .. I crossed that bridge regularly. It has passed the latest inspections, there are 736 bridges in WA state in worse shape. It's pretty scary. I can't say some of the bridges in BC are any better. Maybe our respective governments should stop pointing fingers and cockblocking each other over everything and actually FIX things? I know, I know, I'm a dreamer. But I bet they'd all be happier people if they would pet a bunny for a couple hours!

Anyway, RG, I'm on the island until Thursday, but after that, if you need a care package.. Just yelp!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

So glad you are ok. How scary!

Unknown said...

And you need to stay fine, RG and BL. I with Jane. I am sick of all this one disaster after another cowpatty-ness.
Someone help out sweet Racer there. He says "Dammit, RG, I'm a captain, not an engineer".
I love Star Trek references.

Live long and prosper, HOR!

Karen M said...

Glad to hear you are OK. This is what happens to infrastructure when its so much more exciting to build new than to fix....

Better help Racer out before he starts worrying that he's a "red shirt" and not a Captain.

Glenna said...

Wow--I hadn't heard about it until you said something, and then I went to check out the news. You sure do live in a pretty area--lucky you. Can we come stay for a month or two?

SixBunnies said...

Oh, I am so happy nobody was hurt at the HofR! And, Racer ... what a tragedy!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Glad to know you are all OK and there will be no interuption in services for the Bunns.

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

Racer's space looks like a scene from Mad Max or the entrance to a Head Hunter village. What did that other bunny do?