Friday, April 2, 2010

I REMIND ME OF SOMEONE .....

Mr. Potato Head?

The deadly explosion at the Tesoro Refinery in Anacortes is only a few miles from us. It happened in the night and we were not aware of it. We are a small-population area up here and everyone knows someone who works at one of the two refineries. It's a nasty business - large tankers come and go bringing crude from Alaska and taking out gasoline and jet fuel - a big spill would be disastrous for Puget Sound. Most folks up here are very conflicted about the whole business.


10 comments:

Jade said...

I would say Groucho Marx and hope that doesn't offend.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Chico reminds me only of his cute self.

I hadn't heard about the explosion. I looked it up, though. I wonder why it hasn't yet hit the NY Times, or is it not "fit to print"?

Friend of the Animals said...

I had to call my sister-in-law to be sure her brother-in-law wasn't working. Thank God he wasn't, but I'm sure he knows those that died and were injured. Sad story.

bunnits said...

A lovely bun, whoever you remind yourself of, Chico.

I'm sorry to hear about the explosion. Will keep everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Gosh that explosion sounds bad, hope the worst effects on the environment can be avoided.

Chico in some ways reminds me of Anya, being a patterned lionhead...

d. moll, l.ac. said...

OH, no, those industrial sort accidents sure do effect the whole community.

Chico looks like, like.....gosh, some sort of British admiral with mutton chops maybe.

Cara said...

Ankles says Chico looks like Phylis Diller. I am confused.

Christina said...

You remind me a bit of my uncle, he has hairy ears too.

The Bunns said...

Colonel Mustard!

Glenna said...

What a darling bunny face Chico has. I hadn't heard about the explosion either!