Sunday, January 18, 2009

LETTERBOXING .....

NOTICE - CAUTION - ATTENTION:
The following has NOTHING to do with rabbits and I disapprove ....
Well, we had some family company this weekend and the talk turned to Letterboxing.
We are casual letterboxers and needed to make some better
and more unique stamps for ourselves!Letterboxing is the search for hidden boxes (or maybe sandwich bags!) that have a journal and stamp in them. You find the clues for letterboxes from sites like letterboxing.org or atlasquest.com. You carry your own journal and stamp. When you find a box, you "stamp-in" to the box journal with your stamp and a note, and record the box stamp, and maybe a note or two also, in your journal!

Anyway, we got some good stamp carving material .. that white stuff ... a bit like erasers ... and some carving tools. There are several different shapes of gouges that come with the tool. You take off what you don't want to show up when you "stamp" ... you can see a bit of our first attempts ... FUN! ... need more practice!

Below is an example of a Letterboxer's Journal ... some boxes and boxers have very nice stamps!!! There are some SERIOUS letterboxers out there.

Do any of you Letterbox too???

9 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

I like your stamps, but no i don't letterbox...

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

No, I don't letterbox, but it sounds cool. And you should have at least one bunny stamp and preferably several.

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of anyone letterboxing here.. and didn't find anything when I googled 'letterboxing in Malaysia'. Guess the people here haven't caught on to the game yet. I would love to try it though :)

Ditto what bunnygirl said. We note a serious lack of bunny stamps. It's no wonder Goldie disapproves!

Unknown said...

Ankles has given you the Lemonade Award. I tried to stop her. You have enough to do.
Silver
Buns-of-Silver.blogspot.com

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I just started letterboxing a few months ago. It's fun, isn't it? I like that it gets you places you wouldn't ordinarily go.
Have fun!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Where are those rabbit stamps? Those are some nice stamps anyway. Don't letter box, not yet!!!!!

Erin said...

Sounds fun! Maybe we'll give it a try in the spring.

Glenna said...

I don't letterbox, but after you talked about it, I checked letterboxing in this area, and apparently quite a few people are very active. There are a number of letterbox sites nearby. I agree with Bunnygirl; you should have at least one bunny stamp.

L.Bo Marie said...

I fixed the photo for you! I hadn't realized that it didn't work till you commented ;)