Friday, October 14, 2011

HOME REPAIRS 101 ....

Something usually happens when BL goes away. Otherwise what would I do with my spare time? Anybody have one of these under-the-sink instant hot-water deals? Great idea, I love the thing, but there is a drain plug in the bottom and it started to drip, and drip, and drip - big mess! (This is the 2nd one of these that has done that.) I fiddled with it and it got worse! So I squirted a LOT of Gorilla Glue on the drain plug - that ought to do it! Nope. So I took that sucker apart!!!! Now, on the outside this looks pretty nice - certainly not $250 nice (which is what they cost now, I see) but then you also have the nice spout up at the sink. But the inside - which this picture does not really do justice to - looks like the first try of a high-school science project! Tacky pieced in styro-foam, chintzy hoses, masking tape, and (almost) baling wire! After reading some on-line reviews I saw that this happens a lot and that if you whine right, the company will send you a replacement. I did and they will. Stay tuned to see if I can install it!

"RG - you can't even put privacy curtains on a girl's litter box ....." - Zoey

12 comments:

The Fab Furs said...

Zoey needs drapes....drapes that go around her whole space so she can be alone. A nice red velvet damask with her initials embroidered in gold...tout suite, s'il vous plait!

The kids at a science fair would do a better job than that! Challenge a local school to make you a better one and then they can sell you the prototype and make a fortune for their school by setting up a manufacturing entity. (Or perhaps you could make a bicycle-powered contraption that would heat your water instantly as long as you biked fast enough.)

LOS said...

Fab Furs is brimming over with good suggestions, RG.

Is it safe for me to come home on Sunday? Should I perhaps stay another week to give you some "space" to do guy stuff?

It would be a hardship for me, of course, being away from everyone for so long ... but ... well ... let me know.

Jade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jade said...

(EDIT: removed earlier because I typed the wrong word, and I'm just fussy enough that I can't leave it like that.)

Oh, the indignity! A diva can't even use "la toilette" in privacy. Damn those paparazzi!

If RG's home repairs go like my hubby's sometimes do, BL, I would definitely stay away a little longer until the coast is clear.

Glenna said...

BL--I would stay safely away until the new thingy is installed so that no one gets squirted. I'm thinking, RG, that as long as it will take to have it replaced then install it, you might as well go out in the back yard, plant a seedling, watch it grow, chop it down for firewood and use it to heat the water.

As for the see-through potty, well, a girl doesn't want to flash her pantaloons, does she, Zoey?

Crafty Green Poet said...

well good luck with the home repairs (and I'd guess BL would be wise to stay away a bit longer, but the bunnies would miss her if she did!)

And give Zoey curtains immediately, those as described by The Fab Furs sound ideal...

Christina said...

RG dont touch anything, dont fix anything and dont take anything apart. Just wait for BL to get home. Trust me.

Carmen S. said...

UGH, gotta love home repairs:( Zoey I think you really should have some lovely curtains for your potty, I love Fab Furs idea of the gold initialing;)

SixBunnies said...

Bunnies in the poopy box are so cute though! I know bunnies cannot understand our sense of what is cute ... like those ears Zoey! You kill me with those ears! If curtains go up, they should just go around the bottom low enough so those EARS stick out!

bunnits said...

Please give the lady some privacy--curtains or a lovely oriental screen, maybe.

Glad your whining paid off, RG.

BL--stay where you are until things clear up.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Fluffy! Fluffy! Fluffy!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok...I got a hold of myself. Ya know it's hard for me! :)
xx, shell

Lisa said...

I want one of those water heater thingys!

Zoey, are you growing out your hair?