Tuesday, January 10, 2012

YOU ARE ALL SO KIND ....

"Everyone here at the House of Rabbits thanks you all for your many kind words, thoughts, and actions. It is a bit lonely and a bit sad but we will be OK and get on. We must. I insist." - Racer the Bright, the Light, the Right and a word from BL - "We are so grateful for this caring family of bunny lovers we have been so lucky to find over the years. Only you know how it feels to lose one of these precious little spirits, and your words (and actions) touch our hearts. We have both read every single word more than once, and they help us deal with this more than you can imagine. Thank you. Truly. (You can read my last words about dear Savannah HERE.)" - BL


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” ~Washington Irving

Jade said...

What DKM said. Hugs and much love to you all.


And Racer just makes me want to scoop him up and smooch that little white nose forever. :)

Christina said...

We have to stick together during times like this.....I am grateful to have so many good people on my side.

Carmen S. said...

I have been there myself so I know the pain, bless you both for all you do for these precious bunnies!

SixBunnies said...

It is so good to have our Bunny Community! I could not have made it through my bunny mom initiation without my online friends and experts! We're a somewhat eccentric group, I'm afraid ... and not everyone understands us. Not even our bunnies sometimes! Ha! You are very much appreciated for all the work you do for us and the bunnies. I will miss her beautiful eyes. That bunny had the most beautiful big hot chocolate eyes!

SixBunnies said...

And, Racer, you da BUN!

Auntie Jane (It is official!) said...

"Till the cloud weeps, how should the garden smile?
The weeping of the cloud and the burning of the sun
are the pillars of this world: twist these two strands together.
Since the searing heat of the sun and the moisture of the clouds
keep the world fresh and sweet,
keep the sun of your intelligence burning bright
and your eye glistening with tears"
- The Rumi Collection Shambahala Classics, p.66, translated by Kabir and Camille Helminski

MoB said...

I dread such losses too :'( but I can't stop having pets because of the inevitable bereavement.