Thursday, December 11, 2008

SOUP AND SALAD .....

Let's just start with that rascal Racer again. I found this picture still back in the November files and so here it is .. Mr. Glo-Nose and Glo-Toes! Woofed from spreading so much joy! Here is OUR dinner! BL's homemade Beef-Barley soup (used short-ribs) and Gougeres. For the Francois challenged that is a Creme-puff with Gruyere cheese instead of the sweet cream filling! Just the ticket on a chilly night. Now we have enough left for the big chill and snow a'comin'.
... and on a sad note ... this is all that is left of the nasturtium plants outside, which have been such a great source of greens every evening. Now they are wilted, half-frosted, and totally unappetizing. It will be about mid-February before there are any outside greens now.




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

owh.. yummm dinner!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Dinner looks delish. So I guess the bunnies get grocery greens from here until spring?

I love the pic of Racer! Such cute markings!

Anonymous said...

Cream puff with cheese! That's new to me.. sounds good though! I LOVE cheese!!

Racer.. he's a handsome bun, isn't he? Really special markings he's got there!

Glenna said...

What a wonderful dinner. I'm thinking if I can get to the airport in about an hour and catch a plane to Seattle, I should be there in time for dinner tonight. Leftovers would be just fine!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Hmm, short ribs we have some in the freezer and I have wondered what to do with them. Nom, nom. Racer is such a hard working joy spreader!!!!! Love that bunn.

Cara said...

Nastertium? Is that tasty? I've never had that!

YowlYY said...

Racer is cute as a button as usual :) Dinner looks very nice, but we're not sure about the meaty content...surely it can be prepared in veggie version? Must ask DKM, she must know...

Unknown said...

Racer sounds fun, People give rabbits such a bum rep. I just got a Flemish rabbit and he is a great pet.

Deb Cushman said...

What a delicious meal! Hmmmm, cream puffs with cheese -- sounds yummy! (not to Freckles, although she'd probably eat the cream puff part!)

Go on keeping up the cuteness, Racer. You can't help it with those adorable toes.

RoadBunner said...

Glo-nose and Glo-Toes! I love it! You know what happened to everyone who made fun of Rudolph...