Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BAD HAIR HARE DAY ...

That's a phone book with the fur brushed from Goldie today, in about 5 minutes. And there is easily that much more loose and ready. I suspect she will grow it and lose it all summer now. Hopefully we will stay on top of it. We expect to give her a close trim when it warms up more.

Great responses about bunny keeping tips and methods and supplies. I feel fortunate we live in hay country and can readily buy it by the bale from local feed stores. Learned some new ideas as well. And many that made us laugh ... been there, done that!

Anyway, the fur picture is because Bunnygirl mentioned how you can almost make another bunny from grooming one (or cleaning under a desk!)

Zoey and I keep up a dialogue with Sir Cedric on DandyBunns Journal. Cedric says his pal Millie wants to remind every one about BunnyTunes and to encourage them to get some. Consider yourselves reminded!!! Very cute songs .. some anyway. But then, you know my taste in songs ...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Orlando, he got FURminated tonight.

Anonymous said...

i need to get a furminator for archi and lakota - would be a worthwhile investment

oh and the previous post, you have had a couple that keep reminding me i really need to own a shop vac!

Crafty Green Poet said...

that's a lot of fur! We collected Anya's fur and made some felt from it, as I think you may have seen on my blog! It'slovely soft felt too.

Anonymous said...

BunnyTunes is indeed the best music in the whole of Lagamorphia!

Sir Cedric Rex.

YowlYY said...

I FURminated Miss Eve this morning while at the vets (waiting for the antibiotics to be prepared)- luckily, she just sits there and let you pluck the fur coming at odd angles from her rump. Hugo has finally finished his moulting phase...I can tell you, he sheds just as much as Goldie, and I have put all the fluff in a ziplock bag...I plan to spin it together with some alpaca or merino when I have more.

dguzman said...

When I sweep the stairs, I usually get a basketball-sized ball of fur. Niblet needs brushing and front-claw clipping in the worst way!

Deb Cushman said...

Wow! That's a big pile of fur -- You could stuff a pillow!

Louise said...

I am sure somebody would like to knit with that hair? x