Wednesday, April 30, 2008

TWO'S COMPANY ....

Good Ol' Baxter and his Lady Zoey .... enjoying some cozy time outside in their deck area. They are resting just inside the lower one of the two big cages I made to replace the BBQ awhile back. Those big "apartments" were a great idea until Bunny Lady decided no bunn should be left outside at night. Now they are sort of day-lodges.

"Furminated" ... I thought that was just a bunny term for combed good ... but I see it's a real combing tool. A lot of bunnies get it! We use the Slicker Brush which seems to get plenty off as well.

I also was very happy to see that others often don't get too serious about collecting up the fur until it is quite obvious. When it waltzes out from under the bench in the entry, then I know it is time!

7 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Yeah, when the clumps of fur start demanding their own carrots and litterboxes, it's definitely time to clean up! :-)

Crafty Green Poet said...

Adorable photo, they look so cute and happy together!

Anonymous said...

I have the furminator for the barkers, but it is too rough on a bun's skin. I just use a regular brush for Andrewbun.

YowlYY said...

No furminator here... just mum's hands which pull the tuffs of fur sticking out, and a fine comb for Eve (I don't like it and mum says it is not suitable for my coat). You should see Eve's bum now, her fur's suddenly all colours!
Mum says I've finished moulting for now, so no plucking for me!
Cheers,
Hugo

Deb Cushman said...

Gotta keep the hair picked up around here -- one of my sons starts sneezing when he comes over if we don't! If it got too bad, I'd have to choose between him or Freckles and I sure don't have to make that decision!

Zinger said...

my mum does what yowly's does... and i HATE IT! pulls the clumps of fur out as they molt away

Anonymous said...

That photo is really precious.

You know what? I never really thought about bunnies moulting! Do they like being brushed?