Sunday, March 16, 2008

THE LONELY BLOGGER ....


My goodness, but everybody must be off being busy this weekend! The Blog-o-sphere is pretty quiet!

But look. See those nails? Zoeys. Now, where do I snip???? Aye Yi Yi...

It was clipping day today for the whole crew and what an act of faith! Take a deep breath, hold on to the paw tight, push back the hair, look for the blood line (which I can rarely see), position the clippers, and SNIP! Thank the goddess that Bunny Lady holds the bunn nice and firm, and all of them seem to take it in stride with very little fussing. We always keep the q-tip and jar of clotting powder ready, but have not yet had an accident. Although today it looked like 2 drops of fresh blood on my old pants - but I could not find an injured or cut bunn. maybe it was mine!

Anyway, that chore is done for another 6 weeks or so, and happy happy happy!

Long ago I entered a slogan in the Metrokane Rabbit Corkscrew contest about what did the rabbit say to the wine bottle. The results were just announced and I did not win, or even get an honorable mention! But then, I enter a lot of the New Yorker cartoon caption contests too, with the same results. Maybe I just march to a different drummer. Don't comment on that.

11 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I wish I could clip Tid's nails easily! I have to do them one at a time when the opportunity presents itself because she squirms and fights me.

Usually I just take her to the vet. For some reason she loves playing in the pet carrier, so it's not hard to get her to a pedicure appointment. I'm still trying to convince them to paint her nails and add those little decorative appliques, though. ;-)

Anonymous said...

i just clipped my bun Hiro-san's nails this morning, good thing he stayed put and no bleeding incident whatsoever.
when he got infected with mites when he was a baby(he was around 4 months i guess)we got treatment for him but it damaged his left paw's nails making them brittle, i only found out the caused of it when i changed vets and the vet pointed out to me that it was an infection,since then, we've medicating his left paws nails.

your bunnies are all adorable!

Keithius said...

Oh man, that's just what Gus's foot looks like, too. I HATE having to clip their nails... and they HATE me doing it to them, too. ;-)

Thank goodness we don't have to do it often, eh?

Deb Cushman said...

You are a brave, brave man. That is a lot of nails to clip in one day. Freckles throws a fit and then she pouts and glares afterwards.
Deb

Anonymous said...

We had to clip nails yesterday too! My husband grabbed her and I clipped. But I hate the sound it makes and I'm so scared to cut too deep. So I only trim a little and then I feel like I didn't trim enough when I see her running around. And I discovered a NEW nail on Lola yesterday-this curvy one on the side! I never knew it was there! I only got one paw- because by the time I discovered it I was almost done. I'll have to grab her to get her for the second paw too!

Anonymous said...

This is why we have the nice people at HRS snip the bun's toes. Especially Fiona's because they are brown.

Lisa said...

Clipping Marbles' nails is a production that takes at least three days. We have to be sneaky about it and get him while he's sleepy or else his nails will never get cut. Mocha was more willing but her nails were black. :)

Anonymous said...

No wonder the Blogosphere is quiet right now, all buns are of course busy preparing for Easter! :-)

("See the funny little bunnies...")

L.Bo Marie said...

white nails... no problem.. it's the dark nails on the giant bun that give me issues... He's not a fan of being on his back, and it's the only way I can do it on my own... I'd never thought about going to the vet! what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

yes, work continues to interfere with my blogging life...

good clipping there! i have one bun with dark nails (riena) and no hope of getting a good clip... at least with my others the nails are see through!

Christina said...

Hi Everyone!
Hope you dont mind my two cents and this may not be practical depending on wear you live but I keep sandbox outside packed with sand and dirt (keep it covered tightly when your buns arent in it)the digging in it keeps their nails down. My bunnies also exercise in the garage a lot. The cement floor keeps the nails dull. I never have to trim nails on my two big girls. Only on my tiny little head tilt bunny. I take him to the vet for both our sakes.
Nice blog spot!