Friday, May 2, 2008

PRINCESS PAWS ....

She is hiding under there. I've upset her. I'm not sure how. Later she came in the house fine and came out into the dining room for her evening "romp". But, she just sat there looking pretty upset ... ears cocked way up. Then she went under the table and just sat. No snooping or running or pestering the guys still outside, through the big sliding door.

Finally we both sort of "herded" her back into her "pen" but instead of falling on her fresh dab of oats, like usual, she just ducked into her box, hunkered down, and stared balefully out at me. I feel awful - what did I do?

Eventually I gave her a bit of whole wheat bread, which she snatched and ate, and sometime after that she came out and ate the oats. But I still can just sense the indignation for some slight I really can't fathom. All I can do is apologize and hope to get back into her good graces...

Sound familiar?

12 comments:

Zinger said...

oh we buns are so easy to upset it doesn't take much. mum was filling my pellet dish yesterday and i grunted and bit her so she could feel my teeth cuz i didn't want her in my space. she was not doing anything to upset me, i'm just a bun and i disapprove when i want! the pellets are yummy but the invading my space is only ok if i say so!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

You humans are so clueless. ~Tidbit

Crafty Green Poet said...

I recognise that scenario very well, bunnies are very sensitive

Keithius said...

THAT, sir, is the essence of being a rabbit owner. ;-)

YowlYY said...

We bunny slaves can never learn enough...I am sure you must have done something...or NOT have done something. For example, did you pay attention when she requested it? Did you notice the subtle signs? Hmmm... probably not, hence the bunny grudge. It will take more than a treat to look good again in her eyes ;-)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Rabbits really keep us humans on own toes with their mysterious ways.

Anonymous said...

Look at those cute little white paws! And, seriously, you'd have thought they would have learned something by now about us...

Glenna said...

There's nothing more distressing than a pissy bun.

Glenna said...

Oh, wait. Did you bestow affection upon somebun unworthy first?

Fez and the Gang said...

She has you well-trained.

Lisa said...

Sounds all too familiar. :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like how I treat my dad. Every Day.

EVERY single day!