Wednesday, May 7, 2008

UUMMMMMM .......

Savannah appears to spend a certain amount of time in Bunny-Bliss. She will sit like this for long times. If I go a bit near and say "Savannah, Savannah" she will wink and wiggle her nose and then go catatonic again. Maybe it is just an act. Maybe she is one of those people who pretend to be mannequins in store windows.

But speaking of bliss ... I am trying to read the Eckhart Tolle book about Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. I also tried to read The Power of Now. I have studied this kind of stuff quite a bit ... I am a fan of Jon Kabat-Zinn and Joan Borysenko (at least the original Joan Borysenko). I find it very meaningful and personally valuable.

But I just cannot get into Eckhart. I find his logic - well - not always logical, his main premise that the world is insane - well - insane, and some of his pronouncements - "..huge corporations are egoic entities that compete with each other for more. Their only blind aim is profit. They pursue that aim with absolute ruthlessness. Nature, animals, people, even their own employees, are no more that digits on a balance sheet, lifeless objects to be used, then discarded." - well - untrue. Soooo, at about page 50 my eyes glaze over and he's lost me - never to realize what wisdom he must have to impart.

Possibly it is me ... I've got a big mental block about awakening to my life's purpose. It is all about rabbits! How can I actually admit that????

Eeeerkssssssssss.

10 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Savannah is gorgeous!

Zinger said...

she is a beautiful bunny, doing advanced math calculations i'm sure

clyde used to watch tv with us

mum says eckhart is a bit of a fraud... just based on things she's read about him... he came outta nowhere cuz he was nowhere. but that's just her opinion, seems like you found some flaws in his "logic" ...

RG said...

Trust me on this. Savannah is NOT doing advanced math. I don't think. Well - it doesn't seem like she would be. I mean why? Does there need to be a reason? Is she reproving the quadratic reciprocity law??? Why not???

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, the bun loaf. I know it well.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I recognise that look... Given a choice between bunny bliss and corproate egoic entities give me bunny bliss any day.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Savanah has a direct link to universal cosmic energy. My big rabbit Bandit was like that, Tyler and Sydney are still mostly scamps, but they are working on it. I can't say I've ever read any of this stuff you slogging through.....good luck with it,

dguzman said...

Beautiful beautiful Savannah. Niblet does the same thing; he can look catatonic for hours at a time.

YowlYY said...

Savannah knows that it's wise to leave some books alone... love the bunny loaf!

ilex said...

BEHOLD... the great and terrible power of *the loaf*

Deb Cushman said...

Freckles has a direct line to the Bunny Bliss channel as well. She can sit for hours just staring into space. Maybe it has something to do with their freckles!