Friday, October 17, 2008

SPUDS .....

'Em's 'Taters ..... We have five nice raised beds at the House of Rabbits and also a big old compost pile out back to grow stuff in. Almost 75% of the space goes for bunny foods. But .... we always take two of the beds and plant potatoes ... Reds in one and Yukon Golds in the other. Rotate the beds around each year.

Here are a few of the Yukons I harvested this evening. My they are good right out of the garden. All in all we will probably harvest enough to keep us going until about mid-April. We store them in boxes in our old hobby-barn and if it gets really really cold for several days (rare) we bring them in until it warms up.

Remind me to post, tomorrow, the latest picture of The Princess in her endless mission to shape me up. It will break your heart.

5 comments:

Crafty Green Poet said...

good potato harvest you've got there! Our potatoes were meagre but very tasty....

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Those are some beautiful 'taters !!! Yukons are so GOOOOOOD.

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

They look great! I'll be right over!

Hef's Mom said...

Those are some studly spuds, I miss my spuds, hopefully they go on sale again soon

Anonymous said...

great harvest - that is so nice to be able to plant so many great veggies - i've tried and just can't get anything to grow

oh, you're sposed to water what you plant?!!!