Wednesday, December 5, 2007

THE BOYS ....


Winston and Lucky trying to sneak in the house through an open door! Go back outside and play, boys!

Thanks everybody for the kind words about Benson. We are all coping and those help.

I added a link off to the left for Medirabbit .. much ado about rabbit health. It is on that site where I found this link to perhaps the first book written about keeping a House Rabbit. It is A Hare About The House from 1957 written by Cecil Webb, the Supt. of the Dublin Zoo. You'll get a pdf file with the whole book, pictures and all. Quite a story!

7 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Did they manage to breach the threshold?

Louise said...

I can see by this post how important your blog is for all information on house rabbits, I just wish I had one I could try it out on! x

Joanna said...

Thats an amazing book have just emailed it too my mum she will love it too, must link to you so she and over people find you. I told her she will love your blog, sadly she won't leave comments but she loves rabbits and has Captain Ruperts younger brother and step sister as two very pampered bunnys.

Christine said...

How on earth did you manage to snap the photo before they let themselves in? Ours would be in before we even noticed!

That looks like a superb book! Will have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

sigh... I wish i could let my bunnies run the yard but not with Big Dumb Puppy! I know they're so happy when they're playing in the yard... but they always want back in to the cozy house don't they?!!

RG said...

Why goodness sake! Winston and Lucky are such good bunnies they do eeverything we tell them immediately! Hee Heee ..

d.moll,l.ac - no they did not breach! They actually prefer just peeking in a bit and then heading back out!

joanna - glad the book is liked, we did, very much!

nip-n-cuddles - I photoed often and fast!

Archi's mum - actually that is a big deck with no way to get out to the yard, too many cats and coyotes, and raptors here. They do love it though.

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Loved Hare About the House! There is one error, however, that my rabbits are a bit sniffy about. On page 26 the author refers to Squirt and Horrie as RODENTS. Of course we all know this is untrue, lagomorphs are closer to a horse than to a mouse.