Wednesday, January 30, 2008

THE FED-EX BUNS ....


Last summer we got a phone call - "Hurry out to the Fed-Ex office at the airport and get five baby bunnies. Anna will be there with formula. If you don't they will die." No! - Full House! - Can't! - Erk! - Get the cage, I'll drive! Why on earth would Fed-Ex be delivering near-death baby bunnies?
Turns out they were found in a nest in a field there by the Fed-Ex guys! The field had just been mowed and the mom - a domestic free-ranger - had split. Their eyes were just opening.

We had them in first a box and then a pen right square in our dining room all summer. Endless stream of visitors and an endless effort of hand feeding, at first three times a day. They all survived and so did we, but we are not sure how. Now they all have fine homes, you have seen two of them here before, Calypso and Jaxzen.

Been there - done that!

Everybody must be cleaning their fridges and restocking them for a good photo ... since I did not see any today! or - maybe bunny bloggers just don't have a sense of humor or - maybe I'm gone around the bend .. yes, that is it!

10 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

They are so CUTE! FedEx can deliver here anytime!

Anonymous said...

Wow aren't they cute! You're so good for taking care of them. When they said to go to Fed Ex, I was thinking the same thing - "Why are Fed Ex delivering BUNNIES?" :D

YowlYY said...

Cute bunnies!
And regarding the fridge pic... it will come soon!! Can I actually post two pics, one for our "domestic" fridge, one for the bunnies' fridge??

Anonymous said...

OOOOH how adorable!!! I would have just jumped in the car and went, too, and worried about where to put them later! hee hee

Shelly said...

I love your blog! I'm a bunny owner who recently found out her two 'boy' bunnies aren't both boys. : )
We have a house full of bouncing baby bunnies! Our bunnies weren't fed-ex'ed, but they are pretty cute.
I started a blog and I was wondering if you could add us to your blog list? Just a thought. Keep up the great work of taking care of those bunnies!

http://fuzzyfam.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

AHh what cuties! Our fridge is a mess so it might take a minute!

L.Bo Marie said...

finally got around to updating my bunslist... now I don't have to get here thru DKM ;)

Deb Cushman said...

Wonderful of you to take such good care of the little buns! How adorable! Glad they all have good homes!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Oh they're adorable, the one in the top left reminds me of our Anya...

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh - adorable!

i haven't had a free moment to post (don't even now but have to get my daily house of rabbits fix ;-) ) but even if i did post my fridge it's quite barren and embarrassing!!