Sunday, January 13, 2008

TRIMMING TIME .....


Oh but it is scary to trim the nails. Some are so hard to see buried in fur. Some are black and the blood-line is not visible. Some bunnies DO NOT LIKE it. But, today was the day. 44 feet got trimmed! I tell you, after about the fourth bunny, I lose track of how many toes I trimmed on the current one! It takes us both, Bunny Lady holds, and I get to be the bad guy. Both of us count as we go. Then, trying to take a picture too ... well ... that is why what you see is not the best! Most of the guys are pretty mellow about it, but some do try to squirm. This was Baxter, and he is cool.

I've been thinking about YouTube. There I sit, staring at a teeny tiny screen, with often a jerky picture and nearly inaudible sound. Seems like that is where it all started 60 years ago!

I sometimes read that a pet got sent a gift in the mail or UPS or such. I don't think any of our bunnies have ever gotten a gift, not even from us. We have lots of dog friends and they send other dogs gifts at the drop of a hat. They spend more money on other people's dogs that they do on themselves, and then they dog-sit to raise the money to buy more gifts! I'm glad we got bunnies.

9 comments:

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

I have a dickens of a time with Tidbit's feet. Sometimes I give up in exasperation and take her to the vet. At least she's good about going into her carrier.

Keithius said...

My buns also hate "trimming time." They will squirm and kick and it's just a big mess.

What sort of clippers do you use? Do they work well?

d. moll, l.ac. said...

You two at Houseful of Rabbits leave me awestruck on a Monday morning; so many bunny pedicures. I procrastinate for days over it, then finally make to plunge and we are all glad when it is over.

Anonymous said...

The nice people at petco trim the kids...

Anonymous said...

The first few times Andrew had his nails trimmed he head butted and kicked. The last couple of time he was pretty quiet though. I have the problem of not being able to find the nail through the fur!

Artie said...

I hope your buns get treats after getting their nails trimmed. I DEMAND them after getting mine clipped. My human is usually too flustered and relieved after trimming my nails so that she forgets about my D-I-E-T.

Deb Cushman said...

Wow! I’m impressed! 44 feet in one day! We have a real scene around here when we try to do 4 feet (you can guess whose those toes belong to!) Actually, Big Guy holds and Nice Guy trims. That way, I can be the good person for a while!
Deb

LauraHinNJ said...

Oh - nail-trimming day - what a chore! All the foot flicks just add to the mayhem.

;-)

Zinger said...

I hate it when mum trims my nails... i'm patient... mostly...