Friday, January 4, 2008

SAVANNAH SMILES ......


Well, OK, maybe not a smile, but as close as she will get! I caught the big girl all stretched out on a litter box full of hay after her afternoon oats treat. She's a mini-Rex and a pretty one, to us. She does not have Goldie's hair problem, that's for sure!

I don't get much time with Savannah, she is Bunny Lady's girl and those two have a whole routine of fun stuff. Savannah just sort of tolerates me. If I have to bring her in from her outside time, it is an awful sight! Much running and hiding and wiggling and thrashing. Good thing that is a very rare deal, for both of us.

Yesterday The Princess, our Head Bunny, was six years old and we have had her since she was just a baby. I have always thought that seven years was quite old for a bunny, and I have been trying more and more to really pay attention and enjoy the time I get with her. However, I just read that Cinnamon, the big Disapprover, is eight years old, and certainly going strong! So I have high hopes for me and The Princess!

7 comments:

Zinger said...

She's a lovely bunny. We had Clyde, a mini rex, and he was a really nice bunny.

I wonder if any bunny ever really smiles...

Anonymous said...

Cutie bun! Our beloved Bailey, a minilop, lived to the ripe old age of 12, so don't despair just yet. Enjoy, they are just the sweetest creatures.
-Kelly B

Keithius said...

I've heard the average age for rabbits is something like 10 years, so you've probably got lots of time left with the little furball. :-)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I have heard 10 - 15 years from my vet, depending on breed. The bigger the rabbit the shorter the life span, in general. My big girl, Bandit, made it to 9 years with innumerable health probs (and vet bills). Of course, Princess is probably enjoying the quality time........

Deb Cushman said...

Savannah is adorable! We really like her freckles =:-)

Our friend Littles was a mini and he lived nine years.

Happy Birthday to Princess!

L.Bo Marie said...

my first bunny lived for 12.5 years... he went to the vet once the whole time we had him (when he was 6)
my second bunny (Norty) live to be 7.5, I think he would have lived much longer, but I was in the hospital and he was in the care of a non-bunny person, by the time I got home to him, he'd injured himself and gotten a terrible infection, he died that night...
mmm, rexes give the BEST dissaproval!

Anonymous said...

She feels so smooth!!!
I can just picture petting her right now...